DBS Remodel is expanding their team and is ready to hire their next Lead Carpenter! DBS is an award-winning residential remodeling company servicing the Hudson Valley for over 35 years!
Responsible for building, installing, remodeling and repairing structures, fixtures, and/or varying spaces with the utmost professionalism and craftsmanship. Additionally, responsible for delivering an exceptional remodeling experience to every DBS customer.
- Must maintain a clear and safe job site
- Ensure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, quality workmanship, and polite communication
- Communicate with Homeowner regarding project details
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Responsible for higher level remodeling skills, such as cabinetry, tile layout, assistance with mechanical layouts, possible design guidance
- Install cabinetry and molding.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, and framing squares to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, and maintaining all project paperwork, scope plans, material order sheets, payment schedule, etc. included in jobsite binder
- High level of organization, including keeping track of all receipts, inspection reports, contract paperwork, and other pertinent documents
- Scheduling of all aspects of job – subcontractors, material order and delivery, inspections, etc.
- Anticipate need for helpers/laborers, vehicles and company owned tools and communicate to office and/or other project managers
- At times, supervise the activities of company’s field carpenters, laborers, independent subcontractors, and inspectors which includes oral or written communication as neede
- Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of company resources, ie. Time, manpower and materials
- Responsible for maintenance and organization of company owned jobsite trailer
- Be responsible for tracking job progress
- Responsible for maintaining operational inventory of necessary tools, equipment, materials and supplies to perform activities on jobsite
- Must be eager to provide exceptional customer service
- Preferably self-employed or currently employed
- 5-years’ experience running remodeling projects from start to finish, both large & small (ranging from $15,000-$250,000)
- Experienced with coordinating subcontractors and scheduling
- Has experience installing Kitchens & Bathrooms
- Must feel comfortable working independently
- Must have a clean license
- Has referrals on-hand that are willing to be a testament to their work
This position offers great benefits, excellent pay, a supportive culture, and a family-like atmosphere.